Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Workbook work

Well, we started with the new 'plan' of doing just 5 pages from one book each day. The hope was that if we did this we'd have more time to spend on history. Sadly, that hasn't happened. Last week it was the flu that kept us from moving forward in our lessons. This week, it's visitors and holidays. But we're going to keep trying :)

While I was down with the flu Mark took over the bedtime reading duties. He pulled out Gulliver's Travels and has been keeping Sayer entertained with it :) He also read Ricki Ticki Tavi to Duncan and would have read it to Sayer, but she picked it up and started reading it herself :)

Last night Sayer requested that we read from Captain Bluebear, so I stifled my lingering cough and climbed up with her to read. We'll probably read more from that tonight, but I think Mark will also be continuing with Gulliver ...

Tonight while I was making dinner Sayer and Duncan were playing Hangman with Grandma Abigail. Grandma kept saying that Sayer's spelling was wonderful. :) Later she taught Sayer how to play Go Fish! while Duncan napped.

It's been busy. And in just 2 days Sayer turns SIX! Ack!

No comments:

Post a Comment