Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pseudo science experiment

I have the flu. Bleh. Day 3 now, but my fever is going down. On day 1, when I was getting Sayer into bed, I told her that if I felt bad the next day we were going to turn our brains into jelly by watching TV all day. She argued with me that TV didn't turn brains into jelly. I said, sure it does. It'll go all mushy and start leaking out your ears. No, way. Yes, way. Nuh-uh. Well, okay then, how about if, if I feel bad tomorrow, we test the hypothesis and see who is right? Okay, but I'm right - your brain can't turn to jelly. I guess we'll see ...

I did indeed feel like pooh on day 2, and, after she did 5 pages in her phonics book, we did sit in front of the TV for most of the day. Sayer and Duncan played computer games for a while, and then they came back to the TV.

I guess Sayer was right. Nothing leaked out their ears. And she was very happy to tell me I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment