We read a couple of our history lesson's 'recommended reading' books last night. Hooray for progress in history :)
This morning Sayer did her 5 pages in the Analogies book (with a bit of help from Grandma Abigail ...). When that was done she and Duncan had great fun playing with my first-ever home-made play dough. I doubled the recipe, broke it into 3 balls and made one green with multi-colored glitter, one pink with white glitter, and one blue with silver glitter. The dough kept them busy for HOURS!
While they were occupied I made marshmallows, then decided to use about 3/4 of the marshmallow stuff to make rice krispie treats. Then I got out the gingerbread cookie dough I made yesterday and rolled it out and cut it to make a house ... Had just enough to make all the pieces, but now that I'm trying to get them off the trays they're not staying together. I'm sure they'll still taste good, but I don't think we'll be able to make a house out of them ...
I left the kitchen to run a couple errands and stopped at the library while I was out. While I was there I learned that they were having a 'holiday hullabaloo' for kids with all sorts of craft activities and games. I called home and told Mark to come ... and an hour later they finally managed to arrive. Sayer made a couple things, but Duncan wasn't into it, so he and Mark wandered off to read in the kids room of the library. Before we left the library Sayer had asked the librarian to point her to the High Rise Private Eye books and checked out 3 of them ... she likes mysteries :)
Tonight we plan to watch some holiday something-or-other on TV with big mugs of hot cocoa with home-made marshmallows on top. And then we'll read some more of our history books and maybe get to Captain Bluebear or Gulliver's Travels.
Bug of the Week: Gathering of Entomologists
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment