I wanted to work with Duncan on his letters today while Sayer was coloring her history pages. I told him we'd try making letters from clay as he'd been bugging me to play with clay all morning.
He ran over and got the clay. It's 'magic dough,' which came in a gift box the kids got at their joint bday party last January. As playdoh/clay goes, it was okay way back then, but now it's crumbly without being dry. Trying to turn it into snakes to form letters was a failure. Ah well. Later Duncan brought out some magneatos and showed me that he'd made a letter A with them. :) He played with it for a bit and told me he'd made a U. Then a V. Not a lot of letters, but he did them on his own, so I'll take it!
I've since managed to throw away the old magic dough. We'll try again tomorrow with a new can of play doh (we got the mini cans to use as Halloween treats for our Trick-or-Treaters).
The Sounds of Senna covesii
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment