We spent the afternoon at the library again today. Took more time at home this morning, though. Waited until 2 loads of laundry were done and hung out, Sayer's phonics pages were done, and we'd had lunch. Then we headed out.
At the library we spent several hours making sure the books were facing the same way, moving any that had been mis-sorted, bringing over the last loose books from our sorting and storage room, making sure the DVDs in the cases were what they claimed to be and taping the cases shut, organizing the media table a bit more ... At least it wasn't another day of heavy lifting and hauling. I realized this morning that I have bruises from pulling a heavily laden dolly behind me with the top bar and my knuckles resting along my hips across my back. Ah, well.
The kids saw most of The Neverending Story today via streaming Netflix. But the internet connection in the sale room was flaky and kept interrupting the playback to buffer another segment of the movie. The kiddos would watch intently for 15 minutes, then the screen would go to red to buffer the data and they'd jump up to run around and ask for snacks or for crayons and paper or to chase each other or build castles with the empty boxes. Then they'd hear the movie start up again 20 minutes later and go running back to watch for another 12 minutes or so. By the time we left this evening they still had 3 minutes and 40something seconds left to go, but the buffering of that last bit was going to take another 10 minutes. We'll have to watch it at home on a better connection another time.
Tomorrow I will go in again for a couple hours to price the DVD and VCD sets that contain multiple discs. And to post signs for the categories so shoppers can easily find what they're looking for. Then I turn the room over to the ladies who will actually be staffing the sale. I'll be back there again Sunday afternoon to assist with tearing down the sale, but that only takes about an hour and a half. Then I won't have to think about it again until January (because I'll miss the September sale - I'll be in Oregon with Cathy for the birth of baby Bean :)
Anyway. I hope in the next day or three to get back to your regularly scheduled updates on the kids' progress in schooling ... :)
Bug of the Week: Gathering of Entomologists
4 months ago
January huh. That would be a good time to visit then so that I can help you. I'll put that on my calendar. Don't hold your breath though . . . looks like work is picking up.
ReplyDelete