So we got home last night from our trip to visit Chanda in Houston. Got up this morning bright and early to celebrate my birthday by working to set up the library book sale. Yay! :)
We stopped at the grocery store on the way to the library to pick up the sodas and snacks and fruit and ice for the volunteers. Then we got to the library and carted it all inside. Then, before the fun of schlepping boxes of books from one side of the building to the other, I had to re-work the layout of the tables in the book sale room. The tables the library was talked in to buying when they got their nifty new building are junky. They roll even when the wheels are locked. They're too deep for browsing books. And they have a tendency to tilt. Not good when they're loaded with heavy books and people are leaning on the edges of them to try to see the books on the other side (because they're too deep). So we had to undo two of the rows made with their tables and fetch the Friends' tables out of the closet to use. Once that was done (and once the kids were set up with phonics pages and computer games up on the stage area) my volunteers and I loaded up cart after cart after dolly after dolly with boxes of books and moved them through the library. Then the fun of unloading them all onto the tables could begin.
We were there all day. Mark came by around 6:15 to pick up the kids and take them home. I stayed and continued organizing (DVDs with DVDs, CD-ROMS separated from music CDs, facing the books all in the same direction for ease of reading titles) until they kicked me out at 9 when they closed.
I got home in time to put the kids to bed and read them stories. I read to Sayer from another book of Greek myths that I'd brought home from the library. Duncan requested Blue's Clues.
I've just made hotel reservations for the Mom's Breastaurant event in Tigard, Oregon the weekend after next, and now I'm off to bed. Only slightly exhausted :)
More library fun tomorrow ...
The Sounds of Senna covesii
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment