Sayer has been keeping up with phonics pages every day, even those days spent at the library. But this morning, when she asked for computer time and I told her homework had to come first, she asked if she could do something different from phonics for homework. Could she please do some history instead? :)
She started to run for the latest book of mythology that we're reading at bedtime when I said yes, but I told her we'd read the next lesson from SotW instead. She agreed happily. So we moved out of Africa and away from Anansi tales and back into Egypt. We're now in the Middle Kingdom, up to our eyeballs in Nubians and Hyksos. She did the map page and the coloring page after we read the lesson, then I went digging through our books to find our copy of Ms. Frizzle Visits Ancient Egypt. She loves Magic School Bus :) I couldn't find the early reader book on Egyptian mythology and gods, which I find puzzling, as at one time we had two copies of the darned thing! But I found a few other books that we'll look at over the next couple days as we answer the questions in the SotW activity book and do the narration exercises and the crafts.
Hooray for history!
The Sounds of Senna covesii
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment