Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We took a day off yesterday ...

To go shopping. It wasn't supposed to take all day, but it kinda did. And it was FUN :)

We went to US Toys/Constructive Playthings. They had lots of home school/educational games and toys that Chanda and I browsed, and lots of dress up hats that the kids went crazy putting on and off and on and off ... We had vikings, gladiators, cowboys, princesses, Egyptian women, unicorns, flying pigs, and a half dozen other creatures/characters. I think they had a tiny bit of fun, and I found a couple interesting things, too :)

We also stopped briefly at a book store to pick up George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt for Jaden. Sayer picked up a book and started reading it, but Duncan was not happy and wanted to leave and we'd found Jaden's book, so I had to ask Sayer to put the book down. She didn't want to, and I didn't like asking her to stop reading. But whiny, thirsty, hungry 3 year olds cannot be denied.

After a snack and a drink we headed for the home school store. Chanda needed the next ETC books for the girls, and I 'needed' to see the store :) The kids played in the play area for a nice long while and I got to look around. Chanda stayed where the kids could see her (and she could see the kids) and didn't get to browse as much. I have some guilt over this ... but not TONS :) I picked up a few interesting books. Never have enough books ...

When we got home Chanda's critters had to get ready for swim practice. My kiddos and I stayed home when they headed for the pool so we could start dinner. Sayer and Duncan camped out in front of the computer and completely conquered level one of the I Spy Spooky Mansion game.

When Chanda and the critters returned we had dinner, then I broke out my Magic cards to play with Chanda and Jaden while Alex and Rayleigh and Sayer and Duncan watched Superman. I got my butt kicked, but Chanda was playing with a pre-built deck while I was playing with freshly put together deck that had never been played before to work the kinks out. After 4 (5?) games and the removal of about 24 cards, I think it might actually win every 5th game or so :)

So, yeah, not much homeschooling done yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment