Friday, May 29, 2009

Plugging away ... :)

Sayer continues to zip through her 5 pages of ETC 3 1/2 a day. Yesterday she did 2 extra pages for a nickel, but not today. Today Chanda's critters were already doing something fun so when she finished with her assignment she was eager to jump up and join them.

We're also still using worksheets from mindsprinting.com to keep up with math. Yesterday I printed 2 lessons, but only had her do 4 of the 8 pages. Today she did the other 4. I think these lessons need going over again. Will need to look at what mindsprinting has coming up next and determine whether or not to keep going or to stop and review and reinforce the previous lessons.

And when I get home I'll have to get around to really reviewing the Saxon math K and 1st grade kits that I have to see how well I like them. Chanda likes Schiller math. Have to see how Saxon math compares.

We read a few more African stories last night before bed. We've got several more library books to read before we leave. Guess what we're doing tonight? :)

Just looked over to the table where Sayer and Duncan were having a snack. Sayer is still eating. Duncan is curled up on his chair, asleep. Finished his blackberries and passed out.

He had a fever the night before last. No explanation for it. I'm assuming it's something he picked up at the toy store or the home school store on Wednesday. He and the other kiddos played with the toys there while we shopped. Toys that every other child that comes there plays with. Probably a germ-bug or three there, and he brought one home. But aside from the fever there are no other symptoms. And the fever is gone now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment