We're not sure if Sayer is being attacked by the mosquitoes when the kids are all outside playing, or if they're in the house and getting her over night. We noticed the first 10 bites Wednesday morning, and the next 10 on Thursday morning ...
Yesterday she played outside again, though not as much as on previous days. Last night we sprayed her with a thyme oil product before bed. And she slept in a different bed in a different room. And today she appears to have only 3 new bites.
Caused by less play outside? By the thyme oil? By different sleeping arrangements? No idea.
The kids have not played outside at all so far today. We've been doing phonics and math and reading. We've been hanging out inside relatively quietly. Chanda and her critters are at swim practice now, but since Duncan had just fallen asleep I am at home with him and Sayer. Which means that Sayer is not outside during the dusk-y hours when the mosquitoes like to feast. We may go to meet Chanda after swim practice for the party they're having there afterwards. If we do, Sayer will be 'salad' again, cuz I'll spritz her with thyme oil again before we leave.
The Sounds of Senna covesii
2 weeks ago
There are few things in this world I hate more than mosquitoes. Poor Sayer. I'm not sure why they seem to be more attracted to certain people, but I feel her itchy pain.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the count seems to be diminishing, though!