Friday, April 3, 2009

The places they see connections ...

Sayer was sitting at the table doing her ETC pages and had a question. What does 'sift' mean. Hmm. Well, I told her that in baking it meant adding air to flour through shaking it through a screen, and that archaeologists have to sift through dirt and sand looking for artifacts. I was still trying to come up with other examples when she made a connection on her own.

'You mean it's like when Daddy cleans Maille's litter box and does the shake thing with the big shovel to find the poop?'

Yes. That. Exactly.

LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! I'm constantly finding that I'm "overshooting" things in the explanation department by making things too complicated. Many times I have to really work to find everyday examples that Nyah will 'get' right away, even though they're always readily available. Why is that?

    I realized, too, that I've *thought* I've been leaving comments on your blog when in fact I haven't. I subscribe to you, so I always get your posts through my Outlook's RSS feed burner. I think of things I want to say as I read but evidently get sidetracked before I actually get online to type them in. Anyway, I just wanted you to know I read and enjoy your every word!

    ReplyDelete