Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Another day ...

How do bloggers manage to come up with names for posts all the darn time?

Today we did indeed leave the house for swimming and gymnastics. Sayer was feeling slightly unwell at the end of swim class. I'm guessing that although there was a teacher change with the new session to someone who does not push nearly as hard as her last instructor, there was still enough activity in class for her not-quite-well self to get all tuckered out. Duncan had a new instructor as well, and had no issues getting in the water or playing/participating in the activities. Yay!

After class, though, before we'd even gotten buckled in to the van to run errands en route to gymnastics, he said he was too tired to go to gym. I'm already looking forward to fall when his gym class is at a much later time so that he will have plenty of time to recover after swim class. Sigh.

We ran our errands and got to class and Duncan was mollified by the fact that today's class was their mid-semester show in which parents are invited into the gym when the kids are at the various stations. So he stuck it out through the opening circle, though he didn't participate in the group activity (the air track, which he usually LOVES), and then the parents were in the gym for stations. Once I was in the gym with him all he wanted to do was sit and snuggle me, but I did convince him to do some part of each of the three stations. Sayer was also in the gym, and for the closing group activity she had a blast even though Duncan was asking to leave.

After class we came home and had lunch, then Sayer did ETC and Kumon coins, then we all went outside and planted seeds. Lime and Thai basils (YUM!), cucumbers, currant tomatoes, purple and red scallions, red lettuce, beets, and three types of peppers. We didn't plant the broccoli seeds, or the purple carrots, as those do better in cooler weather. Maybe in September we'll try them :)

After we'd covered over and watered the seeds, we came back in and Sayer helped me with the next step in the craft project we started yesterday. I'd done the cutting and she did the assembling, now she helped to begin wiring them all together. Now I just have to figure out a base for them ...

Later I pulled out the photos I'd had printed from the Flat McDonald's visit with Aunt Jodi and the cousins. I pulled out a blank book and glued in envelopes for momentos inside the front cover. Then on the first page we put a couple of the photos and glued in another envelope to hold the 'extras' and the letter Jodi wrote explaining all the fun stuff she'd taken the dolls to do. Then we glued in one of the pamphlets and let it all dry. I can already tell that this book is not going to work in the long run - it'll never ever close again, with all that bulk glued into it!

Sayer has asked to read from the library books we have checked out on mummies and pyramids tonight. And then for more Greek myths. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment