Friday, April 10, 2009

Couple random things

Duncan has green hair. And not because of swim class.

You probably already know that I've dyed Sayer's hair bright pink and blue at various times over last summer so that she's easy to identify in a crowd. I wanted her to be easy to spot while we're out among the festival-goers at the various events that Mom's Breastaurant attends. Duncan's hair hasn't been dyed, but that's mostly because he's stayed closer to me while Sayer has gone off with friends to explore the event. But Duncan has seen the bottles of dye around the house, and started asking for green hair about two weeks ago. He asked once or twice a day for about a week. I told Mark about it, and he lamented that green hair hadn't struck Duncan's fancy in time for St. Patrick's Day.

So, yes, Duncan now has green hair. And he likes it that way :)

In the last week or so I've introduced the kids to a couple of classic movies. Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the older version with Gene Wilder), and ET the Extra Terrestrial. The enjoyed both movies lots, though they seem to prefer Willie Wonka. Duncan was singing at the dinner table not long ago and I had to smile at his recitation of 'oompa woompa doop-ty do.'

Just random cuteness. Thought I'd share.

1 comment: