Sayer did 5 pages of ETC this morning while I was in the shower. She was eager to finish the phonics so that when I was dressed (and had hung the laundry and started another load) we could cuddle up and start reading Geraldine McCaughrean's retelling of Gilgamesh. So, after the shower and the laundry and stripping/remaking the bed and a few other chores that cropped up, we sat down and read. We made it through 3 chapters before we took a break for lunch. After lunch she played a numbers/math game on the computer for a while, then I pulled her back for a bit more reading. We've now completed 5 chapters, and also two chapters in a book on Ancient Mesopotamia.
Now she's taking her sweet time over dinner. Next up is bath time, and then bedtime stories. I'm thinking we might get another chapter or two of Gilgamesh before she wants to read her own books. At this pace I think we'll have it finished tomorrow or Sunday.
And Duncan decided he wanted to do his 'experiment' today. Not sure why he decided that was the right word for getting out the 'paint your own wooden race car' toy by Melissa and Doug, but that's what he's been saying. He's asked a couple times over the last couple days about 'doing his experiment' and showing me the box. Today I finally spread newspaper over the table and let him at it. So far it's had 3 of 4 colors spread on it, with about a half hour between colors to let them dry. The base coat is black, then there's yellow, and then red. One side of the car is mostly unpainted, but the rest has more than enough paint to make up for it. Still, he's got blue to go, so maybe that's going to be the color for the naked side. Once all the paint is dry we'll assemble the wheels onto the axles into the car and he'll get to play with it. :)
The Sounds of Senna covesii
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment