Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Duncan is listening, too!

Yesterday when we read our history lesson about Hammurabi and the Code of laws he created, it was standing around in the kitchen after having just put together a cake Sayer decided she wanted to make for Duncan. She sat on the rug under the sink and I leaned against the counter and read to her. Duncan wandered in and out of the room. We got to the part of the lesson where we looked at some of the laws that Hammurabi created to evaluate them for fairness. One of the things we discussed was 'eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth' idea of justice. I tried to explain it, though I'm not sure how successful I was.

Today, when I was sitting down to dinner, Duncan came up to me and told me that if I poked out his eye, he'd poke mine out.

Hmm. I guess he was listening to at least part of the lesson.

1 comment:

  1. Philosopher in the making, perhaps? I got a pretty good chuckle out of this one. He's listening, processing AND applying!

    ReplyDelete