Wednesday, October 22, 2008

'SPOND to me, Mom!'

This from Duncan. He hears me telling Sayer all the time that I want her to respond when I call her. I can't tell from half the house away if she's coming or not, so she needs to respond when I call, even if it's just to say 'what?!' - just so I know she's heard me. Because if I have to keep calling her it only makes me grumpy. She might be coming in response to my first call, but I don't know that because she hasn't said anything to indicate it and she is at the other end of the house. I have to tell her this about once a day. Sadly. Sigh.

So Duncan will be chatting along happily, telling me something or other while I'm cleaning or driving or talking with Mark ... generally just being busy and tuning him out.

Then there's this imperious command in his little voice saying, "SPOND to me, Mom!"

Guess I should have been listening to him more carefully, so then I'd know what I'm supposed to say, and when I should have said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment