Friday, January 1, 2010

Working our way through ...

the PILE of library books we have out. They're all suggestions from Story of the World from the 2 or 3 chapters surrounding the one we're working on. Slowly. If I have only ONE resolution for 2010, it's got to be to do more history. We do lots of workbook pages on math and phonics and grammar and logic, and history (and science) falls through the cracks. So, right now, we're trying to plow through all the recommended reading books so we can tackle a new history lesson.

We are also continuing with workbooks, though at a slowed rate these last 2 weeks, since Sayer finished up her previous books. Next week we will probably pick the pace up a bit, but not so much that it gets in the way of paying more attention to history.

Yesterday Sayer finished her 'Fun-to-solve Map Mysteries' book. She really enjoys mysteries. While we were at the library yesterday she also picked up and read through one of the Cam Jansen mystery stories. And while Grandma Abigail was here visiting we stopped at the library and she picked up 4 of the High Rise Private Eye stories by Cynthia Rylant. I've got a few more Cam Jansen books around the house. I imagine that before the end of 2010 I'll have introduced Sayer to the huge collection of Nancy Drew books I gathered as a kid. They've been living in the garage for AGES. I should probably look around for historical mysteries ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment