Friday, December 25, 2009

SIX!

Six years ago today, I got my best holiday gift ever. Sayer decided to come out and join us in the early afternoon of Christmas day (after ~3 hours of pushing - she had her hand on her head, little booger!). My hair hurt. My toenails hurt. My teeth hurt - and I was over-the-moon happy.

We opened all our holiday gifts last night, so as not to crowd Sayer's special day with holiday ruckus. So, this morning, we got up, got ourselves ready for the day, and headed to IHOP for brunch, at Sayer's request. Sadly, they didn't have pumpkin pancakes for her, but she was happy to settle for macaroni and cheese. Sayer was dressed like a princess (which, of course, she is!), complete with a jeweled headband/crown. The IHOP waitstaff sang to her, and brought her a dish of ice cream. She was thrilled with the attention ... AND the ice cream :)

After brunch we headed home to change clothes, because we'd told Sayer that her dress probably wasn't the best attire for the surprise activity we had planned. She kept trying to guess what we were going to do, but she didn't figure it out until we turned into the parking lot of the bowling alley :) She and Duncan got bowling shoes and we set up to play a game. Duncan decided at the 7th frame that he was done, so Sayer finished both games. She 'won' by one pin :)

Then we left the bowling alley and came home. I made a batch of brownies in a round pan to be her cake, then we opened birthday gifts and had dinner and birthday brownie cake. I think she had a moderately good day :)

Happy birthday, Sayer! I can't believe you're SIX!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, she was a Christmas baby? Happy Birthday Sayer! That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete