Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sayer writes another letter

Today Sayer brought up a friend from The Little Gym that we haven't seen since last spring. We didn't take any summer classes there, and apparently Gracie didn't sign up for the fall semester. Sayer mentioned today that she was thinking of Gracie, and wanted to write her a letter. I told her that writing a letter would be wonderful, and that I'd see if I could get an address so we could send the letter out.

After we finished her workbooks and a history discussion about Crete and the Minoans I handed Sayer a piece of lined notebook paper and told her to go ahead and write. The silly girl turned the paper sideways and wrote across the lines instead of on them. I guess I need to give her lined paper more often ... Anyway, this is what she wrote (translated to proper English, though it didn't need much translating!):

Hi. Can I come over? Well, what do I have to do? Where do you live? Oh, and did you go Trick-or-Treating? Because I could sure go for a treat. From Sayer.

Our previous playdates with Gracie have been at our house. Sayer would really like to go over to Gracie's house this time. And apparently, if she can get a treat out of the visit, that's good, too!

I called Gracie's mom and am waiting for a call back so we can get an address to send the letter. Then I guess we'll see if we can get together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment