Later that evening we got a call from Lisa, and we firmed up our plans for the get-together. Lisa is pregnant with twins, and has been put on medical leave and told to take it veeeeeery easy. She asked if we could do the playdate at our house because Mike was working and wouldn't be able to help her straighten up the house or help with hosting. Fine by me! So, plans were made.
After I got off the phone I found Sayer in the bathroom, brushing her teeth to get ready for bed. I told her, 'I've got good news and bad news. The bad news is that we're not going to Lucca's tomorrow. But! The good news is that they're coming over here!' Sayer gave a half-hearted smile and told me that she'd really wanted to go to their house. Then I told her that Lucca was bringing craft supplies because she wanted to do a special project ... and after that the smile was huge and happy.
So, then, she finished brushing and we climbed up into her bed to read. I pushed her pillow around a bit and a corner of paper stuck out from under it. Sayer pulled it out and showed it to me. She explained that it was her to-do list for the morning when she thought we'd be going to Lucca's house. It was awesome. Here's a pic ...

In correct English it reads:
Wake up, get dressed, then get me. Brush your teeth, go potty, eat and then get in the car. Buckle up. Call Mom to drive the car. Stop at Lucca's house. Tell her I want to play. Go to the back yard and start playing. After dinner you should go Trick-or-Treat. After Trick-or-Treating ask if you can eat the candy. If they say yes, dig in.
She gives the title of the page at the bottom 'List of tomorrow.'
:) :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment