Saturday, October 31, 2009

First time Trick-or-Treating

The kids went Trick-or-Treating tonight for the first time ever. On previous years they've been in charge of handing out the goodies. This year they really wanted to get into costume and go 'round the neighborhood, too, so they did :)

Sayer dressed as a bat. We had bat wings already, and found a velvety black outfit for her to wear - a long sleeved stretchy, leotard-y number that went to her ankles. Or almost. I found it at the thrift store just yesterday, and it fits her ... barely. It's more mid-calf than ankle length, and a bit tight in the torso and crotch. But she was thrilled with it. She put it on and put on the wings (which I pinned to her shoulders to keep open, as they have a tendency to sag closed and hang down her back) and took a grocery bag and was ready to go. :)

Duncan was torn between being Spiderman and Batman. He was really wanting Spiderman, and I'd seen a couple a the thrift store last week ... When we got to the store the only one left was about 8 sizes too big, and there was a similarly sized Batman costume next to it. Ack! What to do? He was so torn! :) Ultimately, he went with Spiderman. I rolled up the legs and rolled up the sleeves and it worked well enough.



Mark took them while I stayed home to hand out treats. They came back after about 20 minutes because Duncan 'was tired.' So he helped me hand out the stamps and glow-in-the-dark bracelets to the Trick-or-Treaters after that, while Mark and Sayer went back out.

We now have enough candy to last us about 3 months at one piece a day. Oh, yay.

1 comment:

  1. I bet they had a blast. We only trick or treat for about 20 minutes also. Only because they get way too much candy in that time frame in the first place lol!

    ReplyDelete