Friday, October 9, 2009

Sayer just finished reading ...

the first Magic Tree House book, Dinosaurs before Dark. She read the whole thing by herself. Four chapters a few nights ago, one at TLG yesterday during Duncan's gymnastics class, one last night, and four this afternoon. I'd asked her to read one to me before Fetch with Ruff Ruffman came on, but she flew through all four to finish the book and still had time to wait impatiently for this favorite of afternoon PBS shows. :)

I showed her the bookshelf on which the next ... 15 or so books are waiting to be read. She smiled and took the next book to put on her bed so it's ready for reading tonight. And I put the 3rd and 4th books with the pile of workbooks and other schoolish materials that will be coming with us on our trip to Tucson next week.

I'm so proud of her. A real chapter book with 10 chapters and words like 'medallion' and 'magnolia' and 'pteranodon' and she not only read it, she loved it :) Yay!

4 comments:

  1. Well, get ready for more reading! There are more books to come for Christmas!! I already ordered them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!!! I can't wait until O is reading on her own :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, it is really wonderful. :) Yesterday morning I came out to the livingroom to find her squatting over the newspaper, reading the comics. Although I *know* she can read, it still amazes me to find her just doing it whenever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew she could easily do them! Great job, Sawyer :)

    ReplyDelete