Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A new reading adventure

Last night after I read her a chapter from the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and another from McCaughrean's Roman Myths (I'm not nearly as impressed with this as I am with the D'Aulaires Greek Myths book), I brought out the first book in the Magic Tree House series. Sayer was all ready for me to keep reading to her, but I told her it was her turn to read to me. She sighed dramatically and propped herself up on her elbows. I didn't want her to look at the pages full of text and be overwhelmed, so I told her she was to read the first chapter, which was about 4 pages. She read it to me, and it was beyond clear that she was hooked. She read three more chapters before I told her it was time to stop. I'm darn sure that she'd have kept going, but I was tired and wanted to go to bed. Chances are good that she'll have this book all finished by tomorrow night and we'll be on to book 2 in the series. Guess I'll have to remember to pack a couple of them for our trip to Tucson next week ...

No comments:

Post a Comment