Because I was busy doing anything I could to help my friend Cathy have her beautiful baby boy. Which mostly meant watching and taking pictures and just generally being in awe, along with serving the kids ice cream to keep them occupied when all the adults were busy. GREAT idea, Cathy! :)
Okay, so, during one bit of time with no grown-ups in attendance, two of the littles did paint the kitchen window with a stick of butter ... :)
Cathy and Gabriel are now resting and recovering from their hard day. I'll be driving to Portland tonight to pick up another friend who is coming to stay with Cathy for a couple weeks to act as a post-partum doula. Yes, we're sorta tag-teaming it. :) I've already spoken to Sayer about the fact that since I'll be driving to Portland she'll have to put herself to bed. She knows where the shelf of books is in 'our' room, and she'll brush her teeth and read and go to bed. She seems to think it's a big grown-up adventure. :) Duncan will probably come with me. He's not yet ready for adventures of the sort that involve going to bed quietly without mommy.
What a day! Maybe after Cathy has a chance to see the pics she'll pick a couple that I can post. :)
The Sounds of Senna covesii
2 months ago
Hooray, again! Wish I'd had you around during Aislynne's birth. It's ALMOST tempting enough to have a third, just so I can bribe everyone into coming over to visit me. ALMOST.
ReplyDelete