Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sayer wrote a book

The activity suggested in the SotW history lesson about Assyria and Ashurbanipal was to write one's own book. Ashurbanipal created the world's first library in order that his name might always be remembered, and the story that the child writes for this lesson is supposed to be for inclusion in that library.

So, Sayer wrote a story. As soon as I gave her the paper folded into an 8 page booklet she got started. I disappeared into the shower and left her to her work. When I returned I was greeted with a book entitled 'The Three Elves.' Below are pictures of her original book, hand written and illustrated by her.











:)

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Her use of BIG WORDS to make a point is priceless. And cute. Pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe she got her gift for writing from her mom? :)

    ReplyDelete