Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sayer finished her math book

It's an 'I Know It!' book - Math Basics for Grade 1. It was not as engaging as the Arthur math book she did several months ago (well, of course not! - the Arthur book told a story as you worked through it!), nor was the variety of skills covered as broad. But it was good. In addition to getting lots of practice with basic addition and subtraction, Sayer is now grasping the concept of the ones column and tens column, adding 3 numbers at the same time, very basic word problems. Yay! Her most important math discovery, which I posted about yesterday, deals with the relationships of numbers. Though it happened while working through this book I don't believe the book had anything to do with it. It just gave her the problems to work on so that when the relationships became clear to her she had something on which to practice her realization.

I'm going to have to look through the rest of our workbooks and see which one we'll work with next. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment