She had 3 pages plus the test to do after yesterday's assignment. She did the 3 pages and then we sat down for the test. On the 2nd page of the test she had about 6 errors out of the 40ish words she was supposed to break into syllables and identify if the vowel sound of the first syllable was long or short. On the third page she had to write down the sentences I dictated to her. She misspelled tantrum (tantram), trombone (trambone), sunny (suny), volcano (volkano), dimple (dimpl), and ticklish (tiklish). When I pointed out the misspellings (after the test was done!) and repeated the words to her, she corrected them, almost without prompting. I did have to remind her that sometimes c and k go together to make the /k/ sound ... :) The last page of the test was filling in the blanks for 3 paragraphs. No problems there at all.
So the book is done. Last time we finished a book I told her I'd give her the next day off and not start the next book until the following day. She remembered that last week when she finished a math book and asked for a day off before starting the next one. And she remembered it today, as well. So we'll be working on math and history tomorrow, but not phonics :)
The Sounds of Senna covesii
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment