Two years ago they were introduced to Samurai Jack. I'd gotten it for Mark for Solstice and he put it in to watch while I was making dinner that evening. The kids snuggled up with him and were captivated. It is frequently requested.
Last year I got Mark a set of Underdog DVDs. He's mentioned before that it was a favorite cartoon when he was a kid. Years ago I got him an Underdog baseball cap. He wore it and the kids wondered who it was. Then we got the DVDs. Another hit.
A couple weeks ago I pulled up some of the Pink Panther cartoons on Netflix for them to watch. It was a giggle-fest.
And now ... well, they've discovered the Darkwing Duck DVDs that my sister got for me a year or so back. I had not opened them yet, waiting for just the 'right' moment :) That moment came on Saturday while I was working the MB event in Watsonville. I was gone all day and the kids have figured out how to open the cabinet of kid DVDs and saw it there and asked Mark if they could watch it. So they did. And, you guessed it, it's a complete and total hit. They are laughing themselves silly watching it.
So, I'm corrupting them with really, really silly cartoons. No educational value whatsoever.
But Mark says we haven't sunk to the ultimate depths of corruption yet. So far they have not been introduced to Sailor Moon ... but that would still be over their heads. I'm sure they'll stumble across the VHS tapes in time ...
(Yes, I like Sailor Moon. I'm weird and I like it that way. So there! :)
The Sounds of Senna covesii
2 weeks ago
I love Darkwing Duck, I haven't seen that show is years! I think with all the amazing educational reading and activities you do with your kids that occasional mind numbing entertainment is a-ok.
ReplyDelete