Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More letter recongntion work for Duncan

Can't remember if I posted already that Sayer chose a box of Cheez-Its with scrabble letters on them as her special snack cracker for Friday, when the kids came with me to work the MB booth at the music festival. We didn't even manage to open them there - the kids were too busy having fun and when they did slow down for food I went across the street to buy a yummy 'macrobowl' from a food vendor. Brown rice, black eyed peas, roasted carrots and potatoes, mustard greens, and chicken, topped with a miso ginger sauce. Delish! The kids thought so, too - at least those parts of it they were willing to eat :)

But, back to the crackers. They came home with us and have sat in the house for a few days now. This afternoon Duncan asked for some, and I agreed, but I imposed a rule. To get a cracker, he had to tell me what letter was on it.

There seem to be a hugely disproportionate number of Es and Ts in the box. Is and Cs and Rs occur rather frequently, as well. He's identified F and O and Z and V and Y ... the only one he's not immediately recognized is G.

Anyway, we've continued this all evening. He'll ask for another handful, and he has to identify them before I'll put them in his hand. He thinks it's a game :)

No comments:

Post a Comment