We had a billion things to do today to catch up on the chores that didn't get done over the weekend (because of the MB event in Santa Rosa), and to get ahead and get packed for the trip to OR on Wednesday (to attend another MB event this weekend, then another event the following weekend, before returning to CA for another MB event over the 4th of July ...). So, yeah, chores and errands and more chores.
We started off at the library, which is our normal Monday morning habit. Usually we're there for volunteering to sort through the donations. Today I also had to pick up audio books on hold for us (long drive ahead of us, y'know), and pick up a borrowed cooler, and return a BUNCH of bags to Lucky (they'd donated them to us for the book sale, and we return the unused ones). So, we went to the library, but I really didn't intend to hang around and do much sorting.
Walked into our workroom and it was overflowing with boxes of donations. Not the normal overflow, but much, much, more. I believe a school was weeding through their collection and gave us about 12 boxes stuffed full of books. I couldn't just leave without helping. So I started sorting. And when I came across an 'early reader' book I handed it to Sayer and asked her to read to me while I worked. She was in the middle of that book when I found two more that were appropriate, and so I put those in her lap.
This went on for about an hour. Or for about 10 books, depending on how you want to count it. They were pretty random. The first one was about pumpkins. One was an Amelia Bedelia book. One was 'How do Dinosaurs Learn to Read?' Don't remember the others, but there were *lots* of them. How's that for back-to-schooling after a long weekend of no homework?
She was still reading the last book of the bunch when we left, so she took it with her, reading as she walked through the library and into the elevator in the parking garage. :)
Later in the morning, we went to Half Price Books, where Sayer turned in her week 2 reading log and got her $3 coupon. In browsing the 'early reader' section we found a book of 'silly spider' stories that turned out to be about Anansi. She picked that one to buy with her coupon. She is fond of Anansi.
Then, about a dozen chores later, we were home. And we decided that because she'd done so very much reading that morning, she could be let off easy and only do 3 pages of ETC. :)
After which she read a book :D
The Sounds of Senna covesii
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment