When we were in Houston we picked up the Borders 'reading challenge' worksheet for Sayer. It was completely filled out before we even got home. We tried to go to Borders today to turn it in and get Sayer's reward.
They don't have the prizes yet. The program started 2+ weeks ago, they've got promotional materials all over their store, but no rewards. Sayer was bummed. I was annoyed.
I'm also less than impressed with the Borders program as a whole, after we discovered the one from Half Price Books. HPB is giving kids a $3 coupon for anything in the store each week from the beginning of June through mid July. Borders is allowing one reward per child for the duration of the program, and it's a discount on an item from a pre-selected group, for which I'll still have to spend $4.99.
We'll be leaving for OR next week for a Mom's Breastaurant event in Tigard, and staying with friends for a few days in Eugene after that. I know where there's a Borders in Eugene. Maybe by then (a mere 4 weeks into their program) they'll have prizes for Sayer to choose.
In the meantime, Sayer is asking why they're rewarding her for reading when she loves reading anyway, and why it's only a 'summer' reading program when she reads all year round :)
Bug of the Week: Gathering of Entomologists
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment