Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I guess she really *is* listening :)

We started off our day with some random book that Sayer grabbed and asked to work on for a bit before we did our ETC. She did 3 pages - one was dot-to-dot, one was a word search, and one was doing math problems to get the number/letter associations to crack a code. Then she did her 5 pages of phonics. Then we had lunch and went for a nice loooong walk. Well, when compared with our normal walks :)

After lunch I read Sayer the lesson in SotW about Sargon the Great, 1st king/dictator of Mesopotamia, and half of the next chapter about Abram and the beginnings of the Israelites. Then we did the activity pages that went with those chapters.

She did the map work for the lesson on Sargon and Sumeria/Mesopotamia/Akkadia, then I gave her the coloring page for that lesson. It's a picture of Sargon. She colored it, then told me that it should not say 'Sargon the Great, King of Mesopotamia.' I asked her what it *should* say, and she said 'That other name, Akkadia.'

She's right. When he conquered all the city-states in Mesopotamia he named his kingdom Akkad, making him the king of Akkadia.

Guess she was listening, huh?

2 comments:

  1. What a smart girl you've got. Sometimes I wish I had half her memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the reward you get for all your hard work. Enjoy every second of it. There is not bigger thanks than a lesson well-learned.

    ReplyDelete