Last night I picked up The Wind in the Willows and we read the first chapter as a bedtime story. We'll keep working our way through it nightly and should be finished with it in about 2 weeks.
But that's not all the reading we've been doing. Here's a quick list of books that Sayer has read recently (and it's not complete by any stretch because I just can't remember them all!):
Splash! by Ann Jonas
Monster Money by Grace Maccarone
The Search for Spring by Else H. Minarik
Mouse Soup by Arnold Lobel
A Kiss for Little Bear by Else H. Minarik
If You Give A Moose A Muffin by Laura Numeroff
The Missing Beach Ball by Sonali Fry (a Clifford story)
There's a Wocket in my Pocket by Dr. Seuss
Mouse Tales by Arnold Lobel
Little Bear by Else H. Minarik
How Many Fish by Caron Lee Cohen
"Stand Back," Said the Elephant, "I'm Going to Sneeze!" by Patricia Thomas
Me and My Family Tree by Joan Sweeney
Click, Clack, Splish, Splash: A Counting Adventure by Doreen Cronin
Bill and Pete Go Down the Nile by Tomie Da Paola
Glasses for D.W. by Mark Brown
Arthur's Reading Race by Mark Brown
Arthur Lost and Found by Mark Brown
Pigs in the Corner: Fun with Math and Dance by Amy Axelrod
Huggly's Big Mess by Tedd Arnold
The Elves and the Shoemaker retold by Eric Suben (Little Golden Book)
Who Wants A Dragon by James Mayhew
We Eat Dinner in the Bathtub by Angela Medearis
More Spaghetti, I Say! by Rita Gelman
Sammy the Seal by Syd Hoff
Um ... yeah, that's all I can remember (and I had to go pick up the stack from her bed and check the email reminders I get from the library of books on hold ready for pick up to get that many!) There are probably another two dozen that she's read to keep busy while I'm sorting book donations at the library ... I know there were some other Clifford books and some Berenstein Bears and some Mercer Mayer books, but I don't remember which ones. Ah well.
In all of these she needed help with no more than one word per page, and usually it was only 2 or 3 words in the whole book. And she's able to tell me about the story when she finishes, so she's understanding it, not just sounding out words and not getting their meaning.
:)
The Sounds of Senna covesii
2 months ago
Sounds like Sawyer is doing great in the reading department! I think Arnold Lobel is one of my favorite kids authors!
ReplyDelete