I mentioned in this post that Sayer had read an entire sign over a creek in Muir Woods, and I've mentioned before that she likes her 'homework' worksheets ...
Two days ago she wanted to do homework and after I explained what to do on one page and was off doing something else when she finished that page, she went on and did the next page. Correctly. She read the instructions and did the work. The instructions were fairly basic (Color 1 bird. Color 2 books. Color 3 hats.) but she did it.
As we drive around in the car she'll sound out the names of signs on stores or marquees that we pass. She read Big 5 Sporting Goods to me last week ...
Last night at dinner I picked up a pen and a piece of blank paper and started writing words for her to read in between bites. She read:
chocolate
messy
butterfly
piglet
polar bear
penguin
chicken
farm
tractor
tree
orange
give
humming
turkey
ostrich
peacock
bluejay
bird
apple
plum
peach
banana
squash
tomato
pepper
mushroom
fungus
strawberry
I had to instruct her about the ui sound in penguin, and the qua sound in squash, but she read them all. On. Her. Own.
I'm loving this :)
Bug of the Week: Gathering of Entomologists
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment