More evidence that Duncan listens to what Sayer and I say.
Sayer and I play the 'I love you' game. Usually it's while we're driving. I'll holler back at her - 'Hey Booger! I love you!' And she'll respond 'I love you, too!' To which I'll reply 'I love you, three.' And she'll say four and I'll say five and we'll go back and forth until she starts jumping around with numbers, trying to think of the biggest one *ever.* Sometimes she'll say she loves me 100. Or 27. Or whatever. But she's gotten into the habit of tossing zero into the mix.
She doesn't quite grok zero. She knows it's a special number. And courtesy of Curious George she knows that if you add it to the end of other numbers it makes them bigger.
So we'll be in the middle of the I love you game throwing random numbers back and forth, and she'll say 'I love you ZERO!' with such enthusiasm - like it's the biggest thing she can imagine. And then we'll move away from numbers and start saying 'I love you, Acorn.' Or butterfly or goldfish or dirt or pickle or cloud.
Well, anyway ... :)
So a couple nights ago Duncan pulled off the boob to say 'Mommy?' And I said 'Yes, baby?' And he said 'yuv you.' And I said 'Oh, I love you, too.'
To which he happily shouted 'Zero!'
Yep. He's listening. And he loves me zero :)
Bug of the Week: Gathering of Entomologists
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment