Tonight at dinner first Duncan nearly ate an entire chicken (slight exaggeration :) and then when he was finished he tried to stand up to climb out of the antique high chair that my MIL has for him to use when we visit. We asked if he was all done and if he wanted down. His response was:
Duncan.
Van.
Away.
Neither Mark nor my MIL caught all three words, so I repeated what he'd said for their benefit, then followed up with Duncan, asking 'In the van? Ride where?'
In the past he's repeated the mantra that I've told Sayer - that we're on a long 'trip' visiting 'fends' (friends). Not this time.
Tonight he said:
City.
I asked him what city. He said:
'Fornia.'
House.
Home.
Holy heck, I guess he's been listening when we quiz Sayer about our address and what states or cities we're visiting on our drive. He's picked up several new words each day of our trip. This was just the first time he's strung them all together in such a complex thought. Mark and MIL and I just sat around and marveled at him.
Wow.
The Sounds of Senna covesii
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment