Friday, November 6, 2009

We didn't manage to do all our reading tonight ...

We have been having Sayer read a chapter from a MTH book to me, and then I read a chapter from a library/history book to her, followed by a chapter (or large chunk of one if it's a long one) from The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear. A couple nights this week she has fallen asleep while I'm reading from Bluebear. Last night we didn't even make it out of the library/history book (Black Ships Before Troy).

Tonight we didn't even START those books. But not because Sayer fell asleep. Nope. Tonight as I was making up Duncan's bed I told her to get started reading to me. We read chapter 1 last night, so she started with chapter 2. I was up with her before she finished that chapter, and asked if she wanted me to read or if she wanted to keep going. She kept going. And going. And going.

She finished the book. About 40 minutes of reading to me, I think. Under an hour for the whole book, if we add in time for the first chapter from last night. She's pretty much got this reading thing down ... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment