Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Definition of pollution

We were driving back from picking up our CSA veggies and stopping it at Costco. Sayer took off her shoes (she always does when we're driving anywhere). Duncan looked over and asked with some concern about the back of her foot. She told him to relax, it was just dirt. Feet are always dirty. That's why they take showers and baths. And they smell, so that's why there's pollution.

Duncan didn't know that word and asked her to speak up and explain it. She grumbled a bit, perhaps because she was not sure, herself, quite what the word meant, and didn't want to be on the spot. But eventually she answered his question.

'Pollution is stuff you spritz on to smell better.'

Buahahaha! :)

Okay, so after I laughed, I corrected her. 'The stuff you're talking about might be lotion, or potion (we have a lavender water that we spritz around, usually at bedtime to bring sweet dreams, and we call it potion), or perfume. Pollution is the gas and poison and trash and junk that makes the Earth sick and yucky and smelly.'

'Oh. I forgot.' :)

Made me laugh, so I had to share. Hope you got a chuckle out of it, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment