While Sayer was doing her math pages Duncan dug out a matching game that was supposed to match digraphs with a word in a sentence. For example, 'Bob likes to drink milk with a __aw' would be on one card, with a picture of a drink with a straw in it. On the other card would be two or three straws and the letters 'str.' Match the cards. Yay. Much more a Sayer level game. But Duncan got it out, opened it up, and started going through the cards, asking how to play. So I got out 5 matching cards and set them up with the cards face up, one row of question/sentences, another row of digraphs/answers. I'd read the sentence to him and then stress 'drink with an aw? What's an aw? What is this in the picture?' and he'd say 'straw!' Then I'd tell him that we had an 'aw' and were missing an 'str,' and ask if he could find the 'str' card. The pictures on the card helped him cheat :) But once he had the correct card I'd ask him what letters were on it. He'd tell me 's, t, r.' So, we're using the digraph cards as a letter recognition tool. Later I might play the game with Sayer for extra practice with the digraphs. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment