We've done a lot with Ancient Egypt, but we're not done yet. We just started reading a book titled 'His Majesty, Queen Hatshepsut.' Sayer thinks she already knows everything there is to know about Hatshepsut, telling me that her bad teeth killed her and that her mummy was the 'strong one' and that she wore men's clothes and a fake beard as Pharaoh. I explained that this was a fictional story about what Hatshepsut's daily life might have been like. I don't think she really understood at first, but we're 2 chapters into the story now and she's closer to grokking it. Before we start reading it again tomorrow I'll remind her that this is all what the author *imagines* Hatshepsut's life to have been like, but that it could all be wrong. It's just a story based on a real person, not necessarily a real story. We'll see how it goes :)
And after we finished reading a chapter of that, we read another chapter of the 3rd Percy Jackson story ... I think Sayer is going to enjoy when we get to Greece in our studies :)
The Sounds of Senna covesii
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment