Friday, August 7, 2009

Ho hum

We're keeping up with phonics and math, and doing a bit of history here and there. That's about it. Sigh.

Sayer is about half way through ETC 4 1/2, and she's plowing through a School Zone Math Basics grade 1 book.

We're still plugging away at 'His Majesty, Queen Hatshepsut,' but after 7 or 8 chapters it still hasn't caught her fancy.

Yesterday we spent time at Half Price Books (again!) while waiting for new tires on to be put on our van across the street at Costco. When everything was done we headed up to a Lakeshore Learning *outlet* store. Duncan was asleep when we got there, so I put him in the sling and went in to shop. I've been to another Lakeshore Learning store before, but not the outlet. Found a few really good deals and lots of things to make me say 'hmmmm.' I predict future trips, but I'll have to limit myself to maybe twice a year or so :)

After having had new tires put on the van so that it would be ready for me to drive to San Diego tomorrow for an MB event, it turns out that the booth and furniture and gear all fit in the car. Who knew? The kiddos will be staying home with Mark (who has asked me to leave out the appropriate homework books for Sayer :) so I could take out the car seats, and viola! Everything fits. So I'll drive down tomorrow afternoon, set up the booth Sunday morning, work the event from noon to 10, tear it down and pack it up, and then drive back home overnight. I foresee lots of stops on the drive back, a good audio book and music to turn up LOUD and sing along with, and not a small amount of caffeine.

After arriving home (probably around 6 AM) I'll get to collapse for about an hour, then the kids will be up and they've got swim class at 9. After that I think they'll get to watch allllll the Darkwing Duck or Pink Panther or Samurai Jack or whatever other show they'd like while I sleep for a couple hours.

2 comments:

  1. Did you make it home ok??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Left the event early. They had put me and several other non-profit/informational booths in a parking lot WELL off the main event. I was one of the last booths there to call it quits and pack up and leave. Car was packed and I pulled out around 8:40. Seven hours later, almost on the dot, I was home. Got to sleep from 4 to 7:30, then had to get up to take the kids to swim class. Doing all right so far, though I'm beginning to feel it ... Not as young as I used to be :)

    ReplyDelete