Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sayer took another history test

She took the SotW chapter 1 test a couple weeks ago, during our travels. She took the chapter 2 test a couple days ago. She was able to figure most of it out, though one of the fill-in-the-blank questions stumped her. One question asked what the people who lived along the Nile Delta were called. If you didn't read ahead for the next question, then her answer - Egyptians - would seem correct. But the next question asked what the people who lived along the straight part of the Nile were called. Hmmm. Well, they are also Egyptians. So I guess it wanted her to say Lower and Upper. Ah well. We didn't. In fact, I had her skip the question about the people along the straight part of the river.

I told her at one point, after having been asked 'how do I spell xxxx?' for every other question on the page (to which my standard response is, 'how do you *think* you spell it?) that this was a history test, so she should try to spell things correctly, but not to worry if it wasn't right. And so, in answer to the question 'what did the Egyptians call their king?' she wrote 'faroe.' :)

We haven't done a new history lesson in a good 3 weeks. Time to get back to that. Now that we're home I can request all the extra reading materials for the lesson. So ... guess what I'm about to do?

1 comment:

  1. Gosh...I don't know if I would have knowm the difference between those 2 questions! But we are talking about me here...haha.

    ReplyDelete