The lady who ran the music activities at the kid zone of High Sierra Music Fest came over to talk with me after the activity was done on the first day of the event. She was thrilled with Sayer's enthusiasm and participation, and told me that Sayer is 'right there' with musical ability. Particularly voice. And she told me on Sunday how glad she was that Sayer was there, because she could count on Sayer to get involved and encourage others to sing or dance.
Sayer sings ALL THE TIME. Mark has joked about putting her in voice lessons out of self defense, as when the songs are made up out of thin air the notes can go anywhere. Though when she's singing a known song with known music, she's good. At least, I've thought she was doing well. It's nice to have the music teacher agree.
So I'm investigating the possibility of music or voice lessons. She's shown no preference for one instrument over another, so I'm not sure what I'd put her in for music lessons. We'll see. Maybe not happening this year, anyway. But I'm investigating ...
The Sounds of Senna covesii
2 weeks ago
If you're interested the South Bay School of Music offers voice lessons for kids 5.5 yrs onwards :) They are among the cheaper schools in the Bay Area.
ReplyDeleteLOL - I have their page open in another tab on my browser. And they seem to be (or have a campus) about a mile from our home - sweet! Haven't contacted them yet because I was thinking to go in person ... and we're waiting to see if the kids accidental exposure to chicken pox is going to lead to us being spotty. My fingers are crossed ...
ReplyDeleteI can tell you, that girl can sing and Mark can just deal. Let the music flow!!! She has a lot of natural talent in many areas. Good luck keeping up with that. :)
ReplyDeleteBut if anyone can, you can.
I think Mark has a point in the "self-defense" voice lessons...I have heard her make up songs!! They are always VERY creative and a bit crazy!! :) It is very enjoyable though and if her baby cousin is anything like her then I will have to enroll her in "self defense" voice lessoons too! :)
ReplyDeleteOops...let's see if I can figure out how to do this without being the "anonymous sister"...LOL
ReplyDelete