Okay, I'll admit it. I slept in. It was nice :) But the day had to begin eventually.
In between breakfast and showering and getting ready to face the day we stripped the beds and started laundry. And finished loading the dishwasher and got it running. And checked email and EM. And hung laundry. And brought laundry in off the line.
During all this the kids were watching PBS and then 101 Dalmations. It was a rather TV-heavy morning for them.
Then Mark headed in to the office for the afternoon and the kids and I sat down to do schoolwork.
I handed Sayer her new ETC 4 1/2 book and asked her to do 5 pages while I worked with Duncan on tracing and writing his numbers. She did 7 pages. Duncan managed a couple decent looking 2s and at least attempted a 3 before deciding he was done.
When Sayer finished her ETC work I handed her the workbook from her piano lessons. The instructor had asked her to do 2 pages, which involved coloring low keys blue and high keys red. Okay, that was easy. So I had her also do the two pages before those - coloring Beethoven Bear and Mozart Mouse, and circling the hand demonstrating the correct curled position for playing piano. Easy peasy. While she was doing this I read through the copies the instructor had given us for the book that goes along with the workbook. It's written for children, but it might as well be written in Greek. Or Welsh. I understand the words, but being music-ignorant, I don't know exactly how to apply it all ... Maybe I need piano lessons, too.
When the music homework was done we read chapter 13 in Story of the World. Sayer was excited to already be able to tell me things about the pharaohs we read about. We read about Hatshepsut, the woman king of Egypt (she was the Strong One!), and about Amenothep IV, also known as Akhenaten, (he was married to Nefertiti), and about Tutankhamen (King Tut! a boy king).
When we finished reading the history lesson Sayer asked if she could play on her computer. She suggested that she'd play Number Maze Challenge (a math game) for a little while, then she could play a Blue's Clues game. So we turned on Number Maze for her, and Duncan asked for I Spy Fantasy. That was a borrowed game which has been returned, but when I told him we didn't have it anymore I told him that we'd borrowed a couple other I Spy games ... so now both kids are crowded around the computer playing I Spy Spooky Mansion. Number Maze is forgotten ... :)
It's only 2 PM. A new load of laundry is in the washer. The dishwasher is probably done now. I want to make Duncan's sand alphabet and number cards. And there are a few phone calls to be made ... Lazy? Not today.
The Sounds of Senna covesii
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment