Thursday, February 12, 2009

Evolution study

We got a video from Netflix on evolution called Ape to Man. We've discussed evolution and one thing changing into another over time before. I'm not sure Sayer gets the 'over time' part. I keep telling her that it is not like a magical 'poof' and A has now become Z, and that first it had to become B, C, D, etc. We'll keep working on it.

But anyway, back to the movie. I put it on while I was making dinner and Sayer was glued to the set. Last week we had 10,000 BC and she was not terribly interested. This week, this movie, different story. She watched. She asked questions. She was a tad frightened when the early humans were trying to catch fire, and again when early Homo Sapiens chased a Neanderthal. But at the end of the movie she asked when we were going to watch the rest so we could find out the answer.

:)

1 comment:

  1. I'll try to calibrate my scary meter to Sayer for future Netflix reviews. Those scenes didn't seem to register with my brood. But then I was sitting with them and sometimes that can make a lot of difference. Who knows. I think they read Jaden's reactions a lot. If he's not scared, the girls are not scared. And let me just say, we don't watch Jaws very often!

    ReplyDelete