Saturday, January 3, 2009

Reading level test site

I found THIS site for testing reading levels a few days ago. Sayer took the test and scored 1.9 (adjusted to 1.8), meaning that she reads at the level of a first grader at the end of the first grade school year. She scored this in spite of MY mistake in administering the first portion of the test. I waited a couple days to have her re-take the test (to discount any errors introduced by my blond-ness). This time she scored high enough in the first portion to take the 2nd grade level test for the 2nd portion. And she scored a 2.5 adjusted to 2.4. I am amazed at how much harder the words are from grade 1 to grade 2. If they allowed for a bit more time than 2 seconds, she'd do better, because she'll sound them out correctly after a bit or a try or two. But I'd probably peg her abilities right about in the middle of her two test scores, a 1.8 and a 2.4, so that's what ... 2.1?

No comments:

Post a Comment