Saw something on another blog (was blog surfing and was several pages away from where I started and couldn't retrace the route if I tried) and thought it might make a good project for Sayer. She has a watch and understands the concept of minutes and hours and 'what time is it' but we have not worked on her learning how to tell time. Yet.
They sell clock hands/gears/assemblies at craft stores. So how about if she makes a clock? Maybe we'll start with her making one out of a piece of cardboard from a cereal box or something. Then she can put the numbers around the clock and decorate the face and we'll attach the gear thingy (for which I'm sure there is a real name, but I don't know it so 'thingy' it is).
Depending on how it turns out, and how well she enjoys doing it, maybe we'll make more than one and they can be gifts come next holiday season :)
There, now it's written down so I don't forget. Someone please remind me to go looking in the blog when I've forgotten where I've written it down ...
The Sounds of Senna covesii
2 weeks ago
I have a halloween costume that I made for Jaden that is JUST LIKE THIS! I had a hell of a time making the gears but man those were the good old days.
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you need the gears. I'll disassemble if I have to!
Unfortunately it is about 3ft in diam.
Cool! I'll let you know. I figure we'll start with the store-bought thingy with her decorated clock face, and if we want to do more from there we'll tap you for assistance with the gears :)
ReplyDelete