Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Moving along ...

Sayer has been flying through her ETC phonics pages. We started book 1 in November, but she did only 2 or 3 pages then, and then it got put on hold due to travel or guests or holidays or *something* and didn't really get picked back up until the beginning of January. She'll be done with it by the end of January. Guess it's a good thing I checked to see if I had ETC 1 1/2 and found that I didn't and got it ordered today so we'll have it ready to go when she finishes, huh?

I picked up a Kumon math book about money, and another one about telling time. I asked her yesterday which one she wanted to start first. She picked the money one. Then she sat down and did the first 8 pages in one sitting. Okay, not exactly. Since they start with a number review having the child write their numbers through 100 three times, we did the first one and then skipped ahead a few pages because she said her hand was hurting. The following pages identified a penny, front and back, and said it was worth 1 cent. Then they had several pages where she had to count pennies and put the correct number in a box. She went back today to fill in another of the 1-through-100 number grids that we skipped yesterday, but (unsurprisingly) she got bored after that so she didn't move on. Tomorrow she'll start the nickel pages.

I'm a bit behind in our history lessons. Well, behind where I want to be. It's hard to nail Mark down so that Sayer can sit with him and finish getting his answers to his family history page. And although we've picked out lots of photos for Sayer's life timeline, we have yet to glue them on and string them together and hung up. I'm *hoping* to get both of these finished tonight. I've got a few books on hold at the library for the next SotW lesson about nomads and early farmers ...

Duncan is showing interest in identifying letters. Gotta get that darn laminating machine out of the box and get that matching game done for him ... Might make for a nice birthday present. My baby will be 3 on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment