Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Letter/number matching game

I've been reading other folks' 2009 goals/resolutions regarding homeschooling and keep writing down things like 'work with Duncan on letter and number recognition' and wondering just what the heck I was going to do, exactly. Naturally learning will happen faster if the 'work' can be a game, but what to do to make it fun? It just dawned on me to make a set of cards for playing Memory. Matching uppercase with lowercase letters. Matching numbers 1 through 20 or so ... Certainly not an *original* idea - these cards probably exist out there somewhere, but I think I'll make a set for him ...

I've still got a few coupons that I need to take to Kinko's to laminate for Duncan's birthday gift. I think I'll be making up a set of alphabet cards to do at the same time.

Actually, I'm *seriously* considering getting my own laminating machine. Something tells me it'll come in handy ...

1 comment:

  1. The Clifford software I think I shared with you has the letter recognition topic. If not, I have some Callilou (sp?) software for sure that does.

    Memory cards sound more fun though.

    ReplyDelete