Duncan knows what bagels are. He knows what cream cheese is (though it often comes out as green cheese :) He loves bagels and cream cheese and demanded it for breakfast and snack often when we were at Lisa's. Lately Mark has been buying lots of bread products at a local discounted bakery, so there was a 10 day period when we were insisting the kids have toast or english muffins for breakfast rather than cereal. And because cream cheese is better for you than butter (though peanut butter is better than cream cheese ... says Mark) he brought home a tub of cream cheese to use on the kids toast or muffins. They were perfectly happy with this.
So the thing to note here is that Duncan is very well aware what cream cheese is.
Duncan came into the den last week carrying the tub of cream cheese with him. It's a regular tub ... 6 or 8 oz or whatever the normal size is. It has a picture of a bagel on the lid, covered with cream cheese. He comes to me and says,
"Mom, can I have some of this?"
"Some of what?" (me, turning away from the computer to see what he's brought in)
"Some of this. Donut butter."
I was rolling.
Then we had a Sayer funny last night. We were getting ready for bed in the guest room at my Mom's house. Sayer was climbing under the covers and I was laying down to give Duncan 'bies before leaving them to sleep while I visited with my folks. Sayer was quiet for a minute, then told me she had a plan. I asked,
"A plan for what?"
"A plan for me to have more boobies."
I had to laugh. And then I asked for the details of her new plan.
"I could go live with Miss Lisa, because she has a new baby. And she could give me some of her booby milk."
I offered to try to put some booby milk into a cup for her. I guess I should go find a cup, huh? Otherwise she might decide to hitch her way to Salt Lake to live with Miss Lisa :)
The Sounds of Senna covesii
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment